ArangoDB v3.6.0 Documentation
New and eager to try out ArangoDB? Start right away with our beginner’s guide:
The documentation is organized in five handbooks:
- This manual describes ArangoDB and its features in detail for you as a user,developer and administrator.
- The AQL handbook explains ArangoDB’s query language AQL.
- The describes the internal API of ArangoDBthat is used to communicate with clients. In general, the HTTP handbook will beof interest to driver developers. If you use any of the existing drivers forthe language of your choice, you can skip this handbook.
- The Driver handbook includes the documentation of theavailable official ArangoDB drivers and integrations, and an overview of the communitydrivers.
- The guides you through the user interfaceof our managed service to set up organizations, projects and deployments.
Key features include:
- Installing ArangoDB on a cluster is as easy as installing an app on your mobile
- (AQL) to retrieve and modify data
- Use ArangoDB as an application server and fuse your application and database together for maximal throughput
- : run queries on multiple documents or collections with optional transactional consistency and isolation
- Replication and Sharding: set up the database in a master-slave configuration or spread bigger datasets across multiple servers
- Configurable durability: let the application decide if it needs more durability or more performance
- No-nonsense storage: ArangoDB uses all of the power of modern storage hardware, like SSD and large caches
- ArangoDB can be easily deployed as a , which can serve as the animal brain of distributed appliances
- It is open source (Apache License 2.0)
- Google Groups for discussions about ArangoDB in general or to announce your new Foxx App
- for questions about AQL, usage scenarios etc.
- Slack, our community chat
When reporting issues, please describe:
- the environment you run ArangoDB in
- the ArangoDB version you use
- whether you’re using Foxx
- the client you’re using
- which parts of the documentation you’re working with (link)
- what you expect to happen
We will respond as soon as possible.